Endura Products is proud to introduce an expansion to the ZHCI Sill family, the ZHCI7812 (7-13/16”) ADA Compliant Sill. Previously, the ZHCI family did not have a thermally broken option greater than 6 5/8” wide and customers have utilized the HCIT7565 sill which lacked the dam and sidelite compatible features of the ZHCI products.
The incorporation of the dam feature in the ZHCI7812 both increases the performance of the door unit with respect to air and water infiltration and enables the use of the product on units where inactive sidelite or door panels are present. This patented feature allows a single SKU to be used on single, French, Continuous Sidelite, and Hinged Patio applications.
Endura’s ADA Compliant Sills provide optimum performance and features that were not previously available for ADA applications before their introduction. By incorporating a dam that meets ADA height and code requirements, an improved seal is created between the door, door bottom, and sill while still providing ease of entry.
In order for a sill to meet ADA regulations, it must meet a height and bevel change requirements. ADA codes state that the sill can be no taller than 1/2” in new construction, that bevel changes can be no greater than 1” per 2” of width provided, however, that changes in level up to 1/4” can be vertical and do not need edge treatment.
The HCIT7565 ADA Sill is being replaced effective immediately with the new ZHCI7812 ADA Sill. Please see new pricing on page 2.
- Patented Sidelite compatible dam feature
- Can be used on single, continuous sidelite, hinged patio, and French door system configurations
- Sidelite seat cap option MPZHCI7812
- Screw Boss pattern same as the 5-5/8” ZHCI Sill
- Thermally Broken
- Dam feature greatly decreases the amount of water and air infiltration and increases door performance.
- Sidelite option allows the users the ability to create a variety of multiple opening door units from the same SKU.
- The screw bosses remained the same despite the redesign, which eliminates the need for new templates.
Please call your Endura Representative or Endura Customer Service with any questions pertaining to this Bulletin.
Endura Products, Inc. manufactures entry door component systems that improve door construction, door installation and long-term performance in the home. Endura components improve functionality, maximize the seal between the door and the opening, and reduce air and water infiltration.