It’s a fact … doors deflect and warp, leading to air and water infiltration and door unit failure. This is particularly true with high exposure French Doors, where the seal between the active door and the astragal can be easily compromised with wind driven rain and air. Endura’s new Multipoint Astragal solves this problem at a fraction of the cost of more traditional multi-point locking systems found only on the highest end French Doors. By incorporating a Multi-Point locking feature along with the proven patented “floating boot” sealing system of the Ultimate Astragal, the Multipoint astragal secures the active door and prevents any leakage due to deflection.
The design and mechanics of the Multipoint Astragal are unique – the Multipoint lock is operated with the throw action of a standard deadbolt, providing two additional points of engagement between the active and inactive doors at the top and the bottom of the panels. In combination with the strike and the deadbolt, this provides four points of contact between the active and inactive doors … all without requiring any additional hardware or extensive machining!
An additional standard feature of the Multipoint Astragal is Endura’s new Flip Lever operation of the upper and lower Flush Bolts. One throw of the lever engages both the top and bottom flush bolts and seal. Its spring loaded design also solves any issues created by inconsistent or short depths of drilling for flush bolt retention. Once the flush bolts have “bottomed out”, the seal continues to travel to make consistent, even contact with the sill cap or header surface.
The Multi-Point Locking Astragal makes multi-point performance a standard by eliminating the expense and hassle of traditional multi-point hardware and extensive rework required on doors. It can be utilized for all wood or composite edge doors in shop or retrofit applications.
• Multi-Point Locking System and Ultimate Astragal, all in one
• Prevents Deflection, securing the performance of the door system
• Cost effective
• Ease of Installation
• Works with most hardware – operates off of standard deadbolt; unique adjustable strike receiver to accommodate a variety of strike plates
• Has the patent pending Flip Lever – Enhanced Accessibility
• Available in multiple finishes; White, Bronze and Mill Aluminum, plus Oak, Mahogany, Alder, Fir and Pine
• Fits all wood or composite edge door panels
• Incorporates all features of the patented Ultimate Astragal
• Cost effective solution to expensive 3 point systems. No more buying separate pieces to create your multi-point locking system.
• The Multi-Point features patent pending lock pawls activated by the deadbolt to engage keepers in the active door, providing three locking points that pulls panels tight preventing deflection and energy loss.
• Certified Performance tested results for 6’8 and 8’0 JELD-WEN®, Masonite®, Plastpro and ThermaTru® composite/wood edged door panels
• Compatible with most standard deadbolt lock sets
• Easy to operate; all in one motion flip lever action of flush bolts
• Consistent seal of flush bolts to sill and header no matter what depth of receiver
• Many veneer finish and aluminum body color options to match any door panel style.
• Adds incomparable performance to french door systems
Immediately; Available for 6/8 and 8/0 doors in a variety of aluminum and wood veneer finishes
Samples & Charges
Samples of the Multi-Point and Flip Lever Astragals will be charged at the price level reflected by the “8” quantity. Upon the purchase of 8 Multi-Point or Flip Lever Astragals, (items cannot be combined), the customer will receive a merchandise credit in the amount of the previous charge.
Aluminum: White, Bronze, Mill
Endura Products, Inc. manufactures entry door component systems that improve door construction, door installation and long-term performance in the home. Endura components improve functionality, maximize the seal between the door and the opening, and reduce air and water infiltration.